Terms and Conditions for Use of Rising Brook Baptist Church Centre
1. CONFERENCE PERSONNEL SHOULD NOT PARK IN FRONT OF THE SHOPS ON BURTON SQUARE.
2. We reserve the right to ask for a deposit, usually £50, to be paid in advance of the hiring. It will be deducted from the final invoice unless damage has been occurred to the accommodation or the Church’s furniture or equipment, in which case the Church will be entitled to retain the whole or part of the deposit as security for rectifying the damage.
3. The booking is confirmed from the time of the initial telephone call. The hirer should return further written confirmation on the Church’s booking form within 14 days of the telephone booking.
4. In the event of a cancellation, the charges will be as follows:
5. It is the responsibility of the event organizer to register all persons associated with the booking on the day of the event for role call in the case of evacuation.
|Over 6 weeks before event
|4 – 6 weeks before event
||25% room hire charge only
|2 – 4 weeks before event
||50% room hire charge only
|1 – 2 weeks before event
||100% room hire charge only
|0 – 7 days before event
6. The user is responsible for all damage (other than wear and tear) to the accommodation or any of the Church’s fixtures and fittings or equipment which is occasioned in whatever way by the use of the accommodation.
7. The user agrees that the church accepts no responsibility for injury or loss to person or property arising out of the use of the accommodation and the user will keep the church indemnified against any claims for which the church is not responsible.
8. The accommodation may only be used by the organization and for the purpose (which must be in keeping with the Church’s Christian outlook and/or be of benefit or service to the community) and during the period indicated on the booking form submitted to the church.
9. After use of the accommodation it must be left in a clean and tidy condition with all the furniture and equipment left in the same position as at the commencement of the hiring and the user must ensure that all windows/ doors opened during use are securely closed.
10. The user must ensure that during the use of the accommodation no person smokes and that no alcohol or illegal substances are supplied or consumed.
11. The user must not leave in the accommodation any equipment, furniture or articles of any kind unless by prior written agreement from the church who reserve the right to charge a separate fee for the provision of such specified and agreed storage facility.
12. The user has a responsibility to notify the church of any defect in the accommodation or in any of the Church’s furniture or other equipment in the accommodation.
13. The user will comply with the provisions of the Church’s Health and Safety procedures.
14. Where premises are to be used by children, the user agrees to comply with the Government’s guidelines set out in the document “Safe from Harm” and the Church’s “Safe to Grow” policy, and to meet in full the requirements of the Children’s Act 1989.
15. The user accepts that the agreement may be terminated by the church without notice if the conditions of use are breached.
16. The user agrees that in the rare occurrence of a funeral (which for reasons of sensitivity and practicality the date / time of which cannot be altered) coinciding with a booking for the Main Hall, the Church reserves the right to inform the user as soon as possible prior to the event and help find alternative space for the duration of the funeral– including setting up time.
1. The Church’s Insurers have advised that when the Church premises are lent, let, sub-let or leased to “outside” organizations whose activities are not directly under the control of the Church, the organizers should arrange their own liability insurance with their own insurers in respect of their legal responsibilities in connection therewith.
2. The Church requires acknowledgement that it is the hirer’s responsibility to indemnify the Church, including against claims arising from third parties, and that the hirers carry Liability Insurance with a public liability limit of at least £2,000,000.
3. Potential hirers of the premises should discuss their insurance arrangements with the General Office Staff if there is any doubt over compliance with this requirement.